Institution : University of Geneva
Department : Département d'informatique
NCCR position : Senior Researcher
NCCR PI : Thierry Pun
NCCR most relevant publications
Chanel, G., Pichon, S. J. A., Conty, L., Berthoz, S., Chevallier, C., & Grèzes, J. (2016). Classification of autistic individuals and controls using cross-task characterization of fMRI activity. NeuroImage: Clinical, 10, 78-88.
Chanel, G., & Mühl, C. (2015). Connecting Brains and Bodies: Applying Physiological Computing to Support Social Interaction. Interacting with Computers.
Chanel, G., Rebetez, C., Betrancourt, M., & Pun, T. (2011). Emotion Assessment From Physiological Signals for Adaptation of Game Difficulty. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics. A: Systems and Humans, 41(6), 1052-1063.
Guillaume Chanel obtained an engineering diploma and an MSc degrees in computing and robotics from IMERIR and University of Montpellier, France, in 2002. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in computer science in 2009 at the the University of Geneva where he worked on the automatic assessment of emotions based on EEG and peripheral signals. From 2009 to 2010 he has been a researcher at the KML-Knowledge Media Laboratory, Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland and he is now researcher at the the Computer Vision and Multimedia Laboratory (CVML) and at the Swiss Center for Affective Sciences. His research interests concern the use of physiological measures for improving man-machine interaction. More specifically he is interested in the dynamic adjustment of games mechanic based on players emotions and the inclusion of emotional cues in mediated social interactions.
- Chanel, G, Pichon, S., Conty, L., Berthoz, S., Chevallier, C., Grezes, J. (2015) Classification of autistic individuals and controls using cross-task characterization of fMRI activity. Neuroimage: Clinical , .
- Chanel, G, Denis Lalanne, Elise Lavoué, Kristine Lund, Molinari, G., Fabien Ringeval, Armin Weinberger (2015) Grand Challenge Problem 2: Adaptive Awareness for Social Regulation of Emotions in Online Collaborative Learning Environments. Grand Challenge Problems in Technology-Enhanced Learning II: MOOCs and Beyond Springer International Publishing , .
- Mühl, C, Allison, B, Nijholt, A, Chanel, G (2014) A survey of affective brain computer interfaces: principles, state-of-the-art, and challenges. Brain-Computer Interfaces - Special Issue: Affective Brain-Computer Interfaces Taylor and Francis 1(2), .
- Mühl, C, Allison, B, Nijholt, A, Chanel, G (2014) Affective brain-computer interfaces: Special Issue editorial Affective brain-computer interfaces: Special Issue editorial. Brain-Computer Interfaces - Special Issue: Affective Brain-Computer Interfaces Taylor and Francis 1(2), .
- Mühl, C, Chanel, G, Allison, B, Nijholt, A (2013) Third Workshop on Affective Brain-Computer Interfaces (ABCI 2013): Introduction. Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII) IEEE Geneva , .